Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ian[_2_] Ian[_2_] is offline

Default Two Cap Puzzle

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
I'm trying to write it up, both I keep getting interrupted by work
that pays $:-)

...Jim Thompson

I'd be interested to see your write up, Jim. This conundrum was asked of me
in a pre-uni interview more than 40 years ago, I forget my real answer, I
think I doubted the assumption of zero resistance. There were some wacky
claims by (I think it was) Ivor Catt in a discussion on this in Wireless
World where he claimed it proved the existence of some wonderful new thingy
("displacement current"?). Much sound and fury, but little edification
ensued as I recall. I should see if I still have the letters.

It did cause me to be wary of "stated conditions" aka basic assumptions in
engineering problems in later life ;-)

Regards
Ian