Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_2_] Gerry[_2_] is offline

Default Guard around milling table

On Jul 24, 10:43*am, Ignoramus8473
wrote:
I wanted to make a guard around the milling table, so that chips and
coolant would not be strewn all over the shop.

I want to make something like what I saw on the web:

http://machineability.com/Bridgeport_series_II.html

My first question is what material to use? Acrylic? Lexan?

I believe I'd make one from tempered hardboard with hinges on the back
corners first, just to see how big of a pain it was going to be to
live with. If you like it you can always make another more permanent
one from plastic or 16ga sheetmetal. The one shown looks to be clear
plastic and also looks like it will constantly be in the way on a
manual machine