Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Guard around milling table

"Ignoramus8473" wrote in message
I wanted to make a guard around the milling table, so that chips and
coolant would not be strewn all over the shop.

I want to make something like what I saw on the web:

http://machineability.com/Bridgeport_series_II.html

My first question is what material to use? Acrylic? Lexan?

For a lot of the mini mills they have prefab cabinets available. Acrylic is
supposedly more scratch resistant, but if you think you might have a cutter
break and fly off the mill several hundred feet per second Lexan will stop
it without cracking. I have never had the pieces of a broken cutter go
flying, but you never know, and I have not been milling all that long. I
suspect most home built cabinets are made with whatever the builder was able
to find at Home Depot.