Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK DIYers clueless about tools

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 17:56:03 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I bought several tins of paint a few months back for some outdoor
work. I noticed on one of them it said "do not open with a
screwdriver". Well, I already had. It didn't say how you should
open the tin.

Hum, quite. How are you supposed to open these containers if you
can't use a lever?

Whats the problem with a screwdriver? I am aware that the occasional
lid will pop off rather than just come loose but that's why you have
your other hand over the top of the can... One would also use a
fairly large flat bladed screwdriver not a tiddly one for doing
screws in plug tops.

I guess it's the nanny state and ares covering manufacturers
protecting themselves from the clueless.

--
Cheers
Dave.