Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK DIYers clueless about tools

In article ,
Tim Lamb writes:

Many years ago, there was a Health and Safety poster discouraging the
use of a screwdriver to open a tin of paint. They didn't suggest a
correct alternative.

I bought several tins of paint a few months back for some outdoor
work. I noticed on one of them it said "do not open with a
screwdriver". Well, I already had. It didn't say how you should
open the tin. Actually, the metal tab on the triagular gas meter
box key is perfect. It is wide and slightly curved, like the
edge of the tin.

--
Andrew Gabriel