Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Visual Basic

John Whitworth wrote:

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
news
Hi chaps,
can anyone recommend a forum for a beginner in VB?

Ta chaps!

Steve

Although I use VB still, I'd recommend any beginner in VB become a
beginner in VC# instead. The languages are now very similar (i.e. they
both make extensive use of the underlying dotnet framework), yet VC# has
much more potential, following and support. The majority of code
examples you'll find online will be for VC#. As for the best forum - I'd
say Google each query you have, and select the best forum on a 'per
question' basis.

JW

I found recording macros in Excel and Access quite a useful way to get
started. Gives you the framework and then you can mess around editing
it. Never got much further than that mind.