Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

Default Anyone recognise this intercom equipment?

On 23/07/2010 22:11, cj wrote:
Hi
You have a Bell Systems door entry system,with bell 801 handsets.the front
panel is a standard surface unit.
Very easy to maintain parts are cheep and readily available phones use a 5
wire system all conected (usually) at the front door call unit which
contains the speech amp and call buttons,A 12v ac transformer is usually
mounted remotely to power the system.
The handsets should "warble" when called and this should be heard at the
fromt door.
If you need any further info repost or check Bell Systems web site.
HTH
CJ

Thanks. That more or less confirms what others have said.

I've found a system wiring diagram on the Bell Systems web site, but
haven't been able to find any details of the internals of the 801. Do
you know whether it has IDC/Krone type connections inside? Better still,
any idea where I can find a manual for the handset rather than just a
diagram of the overall system?
--
Cheers,
Roger