Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Wal-Mart fights back

On 7/23/2010 10:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Larry" wrote Of course their isn't, but do you think
it was a reckless, disregard for
human life that caused this? The man was killed by a bunch of greedy
customers that wanted to be sure they grabbed the bargains. While it
is easy to look back and see ways to prevent this from happening, I'm
sure the store manager did not look at the situation and say "he may
get killed, but so what, we need the customers"

Being it was a temporary worker, and WalMart did not have any training
sessions for crowd control. It's pretty much self-explanatory.

I don't think we know enough about the situation yet to draw that
conclusion. If the store is partly liable, the animals that wre outside
the door are equally or more liable for their unruly behavior. There
should be arrests made.

But big box places know their customers and are also notorious about
being understaffed with minimally trained folks. They are clearly the
ones who set the stage. Its not like this was a surprise that there
could be a stampeding herd. Group behavior is a well know thing. Thats
why they put panic hardware on exit doors for example.

Nonsense, crowd control has been around for a long time, their failure
to use it, is their fault.

Store openings have been around just as long. Whatever measures they've
used for decades has worked in the past so it was deemed adequate.
Obviously, something more was needed in this case, but to call it
reckless disregard is over the top.