Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default OT - eye test

"Spamlet" wrote in message

wrote in message
On 21 Jul,
"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

Think I've only broken two pairs of specs in 40+ years of wearing
them. I started wearing glasses about age 7... The only time I have
clear memory off is when they slipped of me nose in the garage and
one lens hit the corner of spade and shattered.

In tha last 40 years I've only broken one pair when I sat on them
(couldn't
find them til I sat down!), Some have worn out, with nosepieces falling
off.

You can make new nosepieces, I have found, from sections of flexible
plastic tubing, cut to shape and stitched on with dental floss, which is
pretty well indestructible. I think mine has now lasted longer than the
original!

Just go back to the shop and ask for a new one.

Usually they will do this for free

tim