Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jón Fairbairn Jón Fairbairn is offline

Default Anyone recognise this intercom equipment?

On 2010-07-23, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Roger Mills
scribeth thus
On 2010-07-22, wrote:
On 22 July, 21:26, Roger Mills wrote:
My holiday flat has an intercom system which is supposed to enable me to
communicate with callers and let them in if appropriate.
http://www.bellsystem.co.uk/

Sounds like the carbon capsule has indeed gone kaputt.

Sometimes the carbon granules are stuck together and banging
the handset on something hard loosens them up. Worth a try
if you are going to replace it anyway.

That's the cheapest option so far - I'll try that!

I've seen quite a few of these, none I've worked n have or had carbon
mic's usually electret or moving coil ones!...

In which case banging it on something hard would bump
replacement up the priority list.

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2009-01-31)