Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Who installs shower grab bars and shower seats

On 23 Jul 2010 18:07:37 GMT, Han wrote:

This works great for me, but I am quite able to hop around on the good leg,
with a walker (crutches felt very insecure for me), and can get up and down
the stairs with a little assistance, slowly bouncing on butt, so to speak.

I broke my leg when I was 9, and rehab wasn't a big deal then, but
they did spend 10 or 15 minutes showing me how to use crutches, at
least 5 of them on how to go up and down stairs. At the time, I
thought it wasn't obvious and without the instruction, I thought I
would have had a hard time. (Of course this 2 dayhs after the era
when I thought if you broke one leg, they gave you one crutch, and if
you broke two legs you got two crutches.)

When I broke my other leg at 24, I appreciated the instruction even
more, because it was a foreign country and no one offered to teach me
anything. One day I did 4 miles on my crutches, going from one movie
theater to another etc. on a route that had no buses.

otoh, THERE'S PRObably nothing wrong with butt-bouncing.

--
Best regards