Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wal-Mart fights back

"Larry" wrote Of course their isn't, but do you think it
was a reckless, disregard for
human life that caused this? The man was killed by a bunch of greedy
customers that wanted to be sure they grabbed the bargains. While it is
easy to look back and see ways to prevent this from happening, I'm sure
the store manager did not look at the situation and say "he may get
killed, but so what, we need the customers"

Being it was a temporary worker, and WalMart did not have any training
sessions for crowd control. It's pretty much self-explanatory.

I don't think we know enough about the situation yet to draw that
conclusion. If the store is partly liable, the animals that wre outside the
door are equally or more liable for their unruly behavior. There should be
arrests made.

Nonsense, crowd control has been around for a long time, their failure to
use it, is their fault.

Store openings have been around just as long. Whatever measures they've
used for decades has worked in the past so it was deemed adequate.
Obviously, something more was needed in this case, but to call it reckless
disregard is over the top.