Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AMC DC Servo drive adjustments explained

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:49:48 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Did they tell you how to adjust Test Offsets?
Very critical for proper and clean movements.

Gunner

You seem very knowledgeable here. I've turned it till it drifts left, then
turned it till it drifts right. Split the difference. Is this correct?

Correct in theory. Put a volt meter on...hummm 3 and 4 (pins on the
header connector) and set the last pot on the right... for IRRC...Zero
Volts. As you jog in opposite directions...it will go +/-,,,,but it
should go to the same voltage ..just plus/minus

The OmniTurn has a screen that shows both test offset and following
error that allows one to tweak the amps while watching the screen.

Im so used to using that screen..Im having a stroke moment trying to
remember the method without the screen.

BTW, I have a Z servo that will vibrate on occasion. Used to be only once in
a great while, now once out of ten jogs. I just give it a nudge to stop.
But, I need to retune this, someday; when I get one of those round tuits.

Back off the far left gain pot a couple turns and see what it does.

Here is the owners manual for most of the early versions..

http://omniturnfactorydirect.com/Omn..._G3_100128.pdf

Download it and go to section 6 and check the data for the AMC amps and
tuning. It may be of some assistance.

Gunner

Karl

Gunner Asch