Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Windpower, other thoughts on deign? was Solar power

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:28:18 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:

Sunworshipper on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:03:08 -0500 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Or try a Stirling, if you just want a small project. No pressure gauges,
no feed pumps, no blowups, no boiler cleaning...

I saw a cool one just today on a video, used a magnet for a piston and
copier toner for the sealing ring in a glass tube. Now that is thinking !

As for the wind power part. Anyone know what the pressure front is
called?

"standing wave" is what I'm thinking of - there is probably a
technical term in fluid dynamics that applies.

"wake"?

Thanks,
Rich