Posted to alt.home.repair
FatterDumber& Happier Moe FatterDumber& Happier Moe is offline

Default OT phone solicitation

Joe J wrote:
I'm just checking if anybody here has any thoughts about my problem.

Just moved from a different state in May and now have Cable, Internet
and Phone from Time-Warner.
We are inundated with calls for 3 specific people from debt collectors.
5-9 calls per day. Each time I have requested to be placed on the do
not call list and tell them they have the wrong number. Each time they
tell me this is their first time calling and they will remove me. It
doesn't happen, the calls keep coming.

Problem #2 I keep getting calls from a credit card insurance company
that shows up as a local number with caller ID, but it is a
solicitation. I have demanded they put me on their do not call list and
they claim the number is "computer generated" and every time I answer, I
will get ten more calls.

OK, I've stopped answering, but how do they disguise their number into a
local caller ID number?
I am signed up for both the state and national "do not call list".

It's really getting annoying and I'm wondering if anyone has any solutions.

Have some fun with them record it and put it on youtube.
Standard answers
The hell ya say.
Then again,
The hell ya say.
Do you take credit cards, when they say yes, tell them "I an't got
one, I was just wondering?
Send me proof and I'll pay it.
What color are your eyes?
What are you wearing ?
You know that reminds me of a story,...... and start telling a long
story, a real long one but drag it out and try to keep them from hanging
up.
Some from youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh4EP...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkE1N...eature=related