Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default OT phone solicitation

"Joe J" wrote in message
I'm just checking if anybody here has any thoughts about my problem.

Just moved from a different state in May and now have Cable, Internet and
Phone from Time-Warner.
We are inundated with calls for 3 specific people from debt collectors.
5-9 calls per day. Each time I have requested to be placed on the do not
call list and tell them they have the wrong number. Each time they tell
me this is their first time calling and they will remove me. It doesn't
happen, the calls keep coming.

Problem #2 I keep getting calls from a credit card insurance company that
shows up as a local number with caller ID, but it is a solicitation. I
have demanded they put me on their do not call list and they claim the
number is "computer generated" and every time I answer, I will get ten
more calls.

OK, I've stopped answering, but how do they disguise their number into a
local caller ID number?
I am signed up for both the state and national "do not call list".

It's really getting annoying and I'm wondering if anyone has any
solutions.

Can Time Warner arrange to block these callers for you?