Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Zenni again

On 7/23/2010 7:59 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:19:58 -0700,
wrote the following:

(...)

Next time I shall measure one of my 'comfortable'
frames and use those numbers to select the new ones.

Go into any optical frame store and try some on. Once you find one
that looks/feels good, note the frame width, temple length, bridge
width, and lens dimensions. Ask for your PD. Some slower stores are
bored and will check it just for something to do.

I've got 3 or 4 old pair around here that fit fine, so I'm covered.
I measured PD myself using my dial calipers. Ouch! No, really.

I focused on a distant street light and held the 'inside' anvils
in front of my pupils. I could dial them in until I could see both
(admittedly fuzzy) anvil edges with the street light in focus.

Quick metric conversion and I wrote the number down.
Glasses worked great!

--Winston