Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

Default Anyone recognise this intercom equipment?

On 23/07/2010 12:48, Owain wrote:

The two coil springy bits are the moving contacts of switches to
connect the mic and speaker.

The square wire 'hoop' over them is the common wire, IIRC. It is
liable to working loose or dry joints where it attaches to the PCB. I
think the newer handsets have a 'proper' switch.

Yes, on thinking about it a bit moire, I concluded that the problem
could well be with these switches rather than with the mic, so I decided
to replace the whole handset.

On consulting two of the companies suggested by people responding to
this thread, the handset has been identified as a BSTL-801. One of the
companies has an Ebay presence, and is supplying a handset for £15 inc.
postage - an amount which I'm happy to risk.
--
Cheers,
Roger