Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Who installs shower grab bars and shower seats

On Jul 22, 10:12*pm, "Michael T" wrote:
An elderly friend is in the hospital and has asked me to find someone (she
prefers a business over a handyman) who can come to her condo and give her
an estimate for installing a shower grab bar and a fold-down shower seat.

I'm not sure where to start ... for example, what kind of business does this
kind of work?

Location: Large city in San Diego County

As usual Googling "Handicap access shower seats" will bring up enough
information to bogle the mind.
The skills required to mount a grab bar or seat do not require a
degree in rocket science. Unless the ADA device has the drill pattern
is spaced so that it coincides with the wall stud spacing some
additional blocking may be required. At the very least the installer
will need to be able to drill through tile and use corrosion resistant
hardware. Angling the grab bar will compensate for stud spacing.
Earlier posters have provided enough information to solve your
original problem.

Joe G