Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Who installs shower grab bars and shower seats

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:25:08 -0700, "Michael T"
wrote:

"mm" wrote:

I'm not really acquainted with fold-down shower seats.

It appears there are both fold-down and fold-up models.

Here's an example of one that has a 558 pound capacity. My friend is over
200 pounds who has had to postpone knee surgery because of diabetes issues.

Wide Padded Fold-Up Shower Seat (Capacity 558 lbs..)
http://www.1800wheelchair.com/asp/vi...roduct_id=2525

Thank you. Yeah, this is meant for someone heavy, who would break
the little chair my mother used with no problem.

I found four more shower seats at Home Depot online.
http://tinyurl.com/23ozvoc

This one too. weighs 20 pounds. My mother's was aluminum and plastic
weighed maybe 3 poounds. My mother probably only weighed 120 by then
or less, down from 140 at most when she was 50. She was 88 when she
died, and in pretty good health until 85 or more, and never any mental
weakness like Altz. etc.