Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Who installs shower grab bars and shower seats

On 2010-07-23, Michael T wrote:
An elderly friend is in the hospital and has asked me to find someone (she
prefers a business over a handyman) who can come to her condo and give her
an estimate for installing a shower grab bar and a fold-down shower seat.

I'm not sure where to start ... for example, what kind of business does this
kind of work?

As my mom's caregiver, I'm faced with similar problems. Although I
haven't decided it's necessary, yet, I've researched the issues.
Having already dealt with some problems of the aged, I've learned to
trust my local "medical equipment and supply" store. They will know
who is licensed and/or can properly install the equipment (grab bars
and hand rails) they routinely sell. The quote above is how they are
listed in my phone book.

If you, or she, has good insurance and a good doctor, many of these
expenses can be "prescribed" and covered.

nb