Posted to alt.home.repair

Default improve cooling to the bedroom

On Jul 23, 7:52*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
1 - 7 vents for the entire house can't be enough.

Several people have said this now. Might as well start my own A/C
education somewhere, since I sort of own one now for the first time. Why
would you need more than one vent per room?

So that the system heats and cools evenly. I just took a quick count
of my house. I have 22 outlet vents. That's in a house that's 3100
sq ft, 4.5 ton AC. Seems about right to me. So for a house of
1700 sq ft, I'd expect around 12, not 7. Several of my rooms have 3
registers each. Every house I've ever lived in, including small
single story ranch, have had at least some rooms with more than one
vent.

Having 5 tons of AC with 7 vents just ain't Kosher.