Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Bill Murphy Bill Murphy is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:22:10 -0400, wrote:
The site lists no details. Was the tank full, or almost empty for the
test? What was the ambient temperature?

Details would have been in the MythBusters show itself. I'm sure a YouTube
exerpt might exist if you need those details.

The point is, the suggestion that a "hunter's round" will accidentally
explode plastic gas cans sitting outside is so highly unlikely, maybe even
impossible, as to not be a reasonable fear.

Gasoline is very dangerous. We all know that. A leak is not good, for
example. But we manage that danger every single day (almost all of us keep
about 40 gallons in the garage every night, for example).

To date, nobody on this planet (not even me, after extensive searches
already listed) can reference a single California law that regulates the
home storage and vehicle transporation of five gallon jugs of gasoline in a
car trunk.