Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Obama stops oil leak in Gulf. BP staff grateful.

On Jul 23, 2:34*am, "Lobby Dosser" wrote:
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in ...

Lobby Dosser wrote:

news:ZsudnWMMudaysdjRnZ2dnUVZ_uCdnZ2d@supernew s.com...

On 2010-07-17 23:46:34 -0400, Mark & Juanita
said:

* It's also a legal principle that fines and judgments are
assessed
* by
judges and juries and legislation and penalties are defined by the
legislative branch of government. *In the case of the $20B, that
didn't
happen either.

Technically, the $20B is an escrow, held against clean-up costs.
Speculation is that those costs will run higher than the set-aside.

The fines and judgements will (we hope) come later.

*Technically, the President of the US had absolutely no legal
authority
impose an escrow, fine, or judgment.

And he didn't.

*Uh, yeah, right.

Yeah, Right! *I detest the man and can't wait until he's out of office,
but making up **** is counter productive. Just as it was when W was in
office.

*Making up what? *You think that any CEO would just walk into the White
House, drop $20B of their own free will?

Yep and that's EXACTLY what he did.

*If that is the case, the Board of Directors and the stockholder of BP
should be screaming bloody murder and oust the guy. *Company assets are
not
a stash of walking around money for the CEO to dole out has he pleases.

I suspect the BOD is relieved they got off that light. Though the meetings
must have been interesting.

You mean "light" in that they're not charged with "conspiracy" or
"RICO". Yet.