Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

Default Anyone recognise this intercom equipment?

On 23/07/2010 08:32, dennis@home wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

If I press the button on my handset, the door unlocks - but the caller
can't hear my instruction to push the door!

I can't find any ID (make/model, etc.) on the handset or outside
intercom and wondered whether any of you might recognise it. I'd like
to replace the handset to see whether that fixes the problem.

You could wire a lamp and a buzzer so it works with people that are deaf.
There should be enough juice across the solenoid to do it.

I can't see how that would help *speech* to be heard from a duff handset.

Is it against the DDA to have holiday flats with an intercom that deaf
people can't use?

I've no idea - my family are not deaf, and we are the only people who
use the flat - it isn't let out to Jo Public!
--
Cheers,
Roger