Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle[_2_] Gib Bogle[_2_] is offline

Default This mosquito is good at hiding

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:13:17 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:

The ones that sit with their back legs up and the body at an angle

the surface are the malaria carrying ones, and, yes, we do have

them
in the UK.

The NZ variety do that, IIRC, but there's no malaria here.

There is no malaria here either at least not in the general
human/mozzie population. I think there have been a few very isolated
cases of transfer of malaria from some one bringing it back with them
from climes foreign to some one in the same household.

Whenever I see your name I think of liquorice papers, for some reason.