Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Anyone recognise this intercom equipment?

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

If I press the button on my handset, the door unlocks - but the caller
can't hear my instruction to push the door!

I can't find any ID (make/model, etc.) on the handset or outside intercom
and wondered whether any of you might recognise it. I'd like to replace
the handset to see whether that fixes the problem.

You could wire a lamp and a buzzer so it works with people that are deaf.
There should be enough juice across the solenoid to do it.
Is it against the DDA to have holiday flats with an intercom that deaf
people can't use?