Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Who installs shower grab bars and shower seats

On Jul 22, 10:12*pm, "Michael T" wrote:
An elderly friend is in the hospital and has asked me to find someone (she
prefers a business over a handyman) who can come to her condo and give her
an estimate for installing a shower grab bar and a fold-down shower seat.

I'm not sure where to start ... for example, what kind of business does this
kind of work?

Location: Large city in San Diego County

Any elder care organization in your area will most likely be able to
refer someone who specializes, but any competent carpenter with a
modicum of tile experience should be able to do it without problem.
Look in the yellow pages under Carpenters and/or Home Improvement.

You may want to look into the plastic and aluminum chairs that sit in
the tub/shower. You're probably already aware that the transfer into
and out of the chair is the dangerous part, and the seat should be
designed and installed to make the transition as easy as possible.
You're right to want competent installation.