Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wal-Mart fights back

"Larry" wrote in message

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
"Larry" wrote:

Unfortunately, you're correct, common sense by management in the work
place
will never be a regulation. Geez, if you have thousands of people
waiting
for the doors to open, who needs any type of crowd control, when you
have a
minimum wage worker told to open the doors. Management should set the
example, and have the CEO open them, without any type of crowd control
support.

And how many WalMarts had been opened on Black Friday for how many
years with nary an injury, let alone a fatality? How many since?

Bet you'd feel differently if someone in your family was this person.

There's no excuse for their reckless, disregard for human life, no matter
how many stores they open.

Of course their isn't, but do you think it was a reckless, disregard for
human life that caused this? The man was killed by a bunch of greedy
customers that wanted to be sure they grabbed the bargains. While it is
easy to look back and see ways to prevent this from happening, I'm sure the
store manager did not look at the situation and say "he may get killed, but
so what, we need the customers"

Just as the automobile was on the road for 60 or 70 years before someone
thought it would be a good idea to use set belts, store openings have been
happening for decades with no deaths so no one really though to take
excessive measures to prevent one. I'd hardly call it reckless disregard.