Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default KO Lee Tool & Cutter Grinder question

On 2010-07-23, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:

[ ... ]

Can you see enough of the threads (perhaps with a magnifier) to
be sure what direction it goes -- or are the threads totally covered by
the adaptor?

Unfortunately, I can't see the threads on the right end. I'm
suspecting that they're right hand threads since the left hand side
where you normally expect to have left hand threads is right handed.
The motor is reversible and the shafts have a keyway with a washer
with a tooth in it to keep it from rotating.

O.K. That makes right-hand threads pretty likely.

How much mass does the adaptor have? Is it possible that
someone started with it several turns loose on the spindle and turned on
the motor? That could rather firmly wedge it in place.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564