Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default KO Lee Tool & Cutter Grinder question

On 23 Jul 2010 02:41:27 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2010-07-23, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
I have a model 900 with the arbor sticking out both sides of the
motor. A former owner installed some sort of home made spindle on the
right hand arbor and I can't get it unscrewed. The left side arbor is
open and has right hand threads. I want to confirm that the right
hand arbor is also has right handed threads, othewise I've been trying
to tighten the accessory spindle on the right side.

I would expect it to be the opposite handedness so the
acceleration of the motor does not loosen the nut.

But I have no personal experience with a K.O. Lee.

Can you see enough of the threads (perhaps with a magnifier) to
be sure what direction it goes -- or are the threads totally covered by
the adaptor?

Good Luck,
DoN.

My KO Lee 300 has opposite threads on each side.

Gunner

Gunner Asch