Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default KO Lee Tool & Cutter Grinder question

open and has right hand threads. I want to confirm that the right
hand arbor is also has right handed threads, othewise I've been trying
to tighten the accessory spindle on the right side.

I would expect it to be the opposite handedness so the
acceleration of the motor does not loosen the nut.

But I have no personal experience with a K.O. Lee.

Can you see enough of the threads (perhaps with a magnifier) to
be sure what direction it goes -- or are the threads totally covered by
the adaptor?

Unfortunately, I can't see the threads on the right end. I'm
suspecting that they're right hand threads since the left hand side
where you normally expect to have left hand threads is right handed.
The motor is reversible and the shafts have a keyway with a washer
with a tooth in it to keep it from rotating.

RWL