Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] IlBeBauck@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default improve cooling to the bedroom

On Jul 22, 1:10*pm, "Hugh Wong"
wrote:
I would like to improve the air flow to the master bedroom in my house.
Presently, the air is not as cool as it should be. It's about 5 degrees
warmer than the other rooms. Physically, this bedroom is the farthest
distance from the main unit which is a Day and Night, 5 ton A/C. The house
is 1700 sq ft. All the other rooms have sufficient flow and cooling. There
are about 7 vents throughout the house. I tried temporarily installing a
stove exhaust fan just outside the air duct but that didn't seem to help the
air flow or the cooling. Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Thanks.

Hugh

You could have a duct balancing damper closed for the duct run to the
bedroom. Go to the main Trunk Duct off of the Blower Unit and youll
see the branch ducts coming off of it ; throttle down the duct
dampers about 50 percent to the rooms closest to the blower and open
the duct dampers for the longer runs. Make sure your Blower is up on
high speed, the air filter is clean , and the a/c is fully charged on
freon. You most likely need an additional duct ran to the bedroom so
you get adequate air to the space--have an additional well sized duct
ran . Right off hand, 7 supply registers for a 2,000 cfm / 5 ton
cooling system is not enough . Im willing to bet your air
distrubition system is choked down hurting the performance .