Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

"Steve B" wrote:

-snip-

C4 does emit a poisonous gas when burned, but hey, you're in country, and
there's VC within smelling distance, what's a little poisonous gas?

Smell, hell! Mr. Charles could see us plain as day. We were on
an OP about 400 feet above the surrounding rice paddies. He might
have been somewhat deterred from taking us on regularly due to our 106
Recoilless rifle. OTOH, as I learned 30 years later, the NVA
hospital within the mountain might have made us a 'quiet zone'.g

Not my site- but here's a photo-
http://home.earthlink.net/~2551/id20.html

'My' mountain is the bigger one in the top picture- the Marines
called it Crowsnest. We even had a shower up there- made from an
orange 55 gallon drum. [another surprise 30 yrs after the fact- I had
never connected the orange barrel with Agent Orange- but our corpsman
confirms that what it was]

Might
even get an early discharge. From the Army, that is.

Army couldn't discharge us- we're Marines.g

Jim