Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

Frank Erskine
wibbled on Thursday 22 July 2010 22:50

Go during the afternoon and you'd swear they'd been playing football
with the veggies and the fans had swarmed the pitch.

Surely that depends on the individual store and its associated
customer base?

I suppose if the demographics are such that the "five a day" comprise:

Booze
Fags
Cola
Deep frying oil
and Baked beans for the "vegetables"

then the fresh produce will be bought in once a week and will sit there for
most of the week ;-

Oh, and in that demographic the little chavites probably *have* been playing
football with the veg!

Last time I was in Bexhill ALDI, for a tool, the fresh stuff wasn't bad (I
had some fruits), though nothing to write home about. But it's too far to go
for a few things. Round here, the farm shops have some pretty good stuff and
surprisingly, less than the regular supermarkets (I took an old reciept in
from Sainsburies and costed it out). I'd been thinking that the farm shops
would add a premium for the countrified gentry class, but it seems not so.

--
Tim Watts