Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

Default Anyone recognise this intercom equipment?

My holiday flat has an intercom system which is supposed to enable me to
communicate with callers and let them in if appropriate.

Outside the main door, there's a box with microphone and speaker, and a
button for each flat, thus: http://www.mills37.plus.com/Intercom.JPG

Inside each flat, there's a handset with a button to press to release
the door, thus: http://www.mills37.plus.com/Handset.JPG

Problem is that mine doesn't work properly, and I probably need to
replace the handset. The symptoms are these:

A caller presses my button on the outside intercom, and a buzzer sounds
in the flat - ok.

I pick up the handset and speak, but the caller can't hear me. [If the
caller speaks, I can hear them - but they're not likely to unless they
hear me first!]

If I press the button on my handset, the door unlocks - but the caller
can't hear my instruction to push the door!

I can't find any ID (make/model, etc.) on the handset or outside
intercom and wondered whether any of you might recognise it. I'd like to
replace the handset to see whether that fixes the problem.

TIA
--
Cheers,
Roger