Posted to alt.home.repair
Lefty[_2_] Lefty[_2_] is offline

Default improve cooling to the bedroom

"Hugh Wong" wrote in message
I would like to improve the air flow to the master bedroom in my house.
Presently, the air is not as cool as it should be. It's about 5 degrees
warmer than the other rooms. Physically, this bedroom is the farthest
distance from the main unit which is a Day and Night, 5 ton A/C. The house
is 1700 sq ft. All the other rooms have sufficient flow and cooling. There
are about 7 vents throughout the house. I tried temporarily installing a
stove exhaust fan just outside the air duct but that didn't seem to help
the air flow or the cooling. Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Thanks.

Hugh

Insulate the plenum and trunk lines with FSKL, at least 1-1/2". Also add
another run into the bedroom. There is no way seven runs is enough for a
house that large, unless the individual runs are huge. Also, throw out that
restrictive allergy-gard filter if you are using one. You want a high
velocity throw-away if a one inch slot is all you have.

Actually, rereading your post; five tons of air through seven 6" runs equals
a no air flow ice cube anyway. You better have a pro check that system
thoroughly.

HTH, Lefty