Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Making a ZCI for tablesaw

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 7/21/10 3:09 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message

AFAIK, we're talking about drops of hot glue on 4 flanges. In a way they
are like the little rubber feet you might find on the bottom of a lamp.

You mark where the tabs are on the insert, or you squeeze a drop on each
tab/flange.
Press the insert down with a straight edge so it stops flush with the
table top. It'll dry in 20 seconds.

Here's another idea. Put a piece of scotch tape on each flange, before
this procedure. Glue dries to the insert and not the flanges.

Well I have acutally done this before about 10 years ago. However I put
pretty sizeable gobs down, let the the glue cool thoroughly and then sandded
the gobs down to fit. My only warning was to simply think this out before
you create a problem.