Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Some kind of macro system for G-codes, for linux

Leon Fisk wrote:
On 20 Jul 2010 21:50:21 GMT
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

snip

How is this related to the somewhat older unix xcalc for un
under the X11 windowing system (thus the initial 'x' in the program
name.)

Don't know Don, you could take a look at the link I provided. I kinda
liked it and it uses the RPN entry system.

And in particular -- why run a windows version of xcalc on a
linux (unix) system under a Windows emulator when the native unix
version is available?

David was the one I replied too, he seemed to be looking for a RPN
calculator that run under Windows (shrug).

For my sins I make my living programming Windows software, I use Linux
almost exclusively for my personal use. I use the Windows calculator
occasionally so it would be nice to replace it with a RPN version.