Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Paralleled Amplifier Wiring

"j r powell"

I have a small stereo amplifier which came with two tiny 4ohm 3watt
speakers.
I'd like to combine the two channels of the amp in order to drive one,
slightly larger, 8ohm 4watt speaker.
The amp is of the non-bridgeable type, so I assume parallel wiring would
be required - combining the two outputs together.

** The only way to go here is to use "bridge mode".

Parallel wiring of the outputs is not only 100% useless it will almost
certainly destroy both amplifier channels.

I have read that small resistors are required in parallel configuration,
to enable proper current sharing between the amplifiers,

** Complete crap.

There is such of lot of it on the net you know.

..... Phil