Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Paralleled Amplifier Wiring

On 7/21/2010 6:10 PM j r powell spake thus:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

I'm not being sarcastic -- but how do you know that paralleling the
outputs will produce a significant increase in power? Ignoring the
very pertinent question of how to do this /correctly/, the most you
could get is a 3dB increase, which is plainly audible, but hardly
a large increase.

A small increase is better than nothing.

No, it isn't. Not when it requires a lot of work, and will be only slightly
audible.

Fitting resistors is hardly a lot of work. I just need someone who knows their
stuff, to answer my original question.

So, William, what is the correct answer here (value of resistors)? I'm
curious now, too.