Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some kind of macro system for G-codes, for linux

On 2010-07-21, Leon Fisk wrote:
On 20 Jul 2010 21:50:21 GMT
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

snip
How is this related to the somewhat older unix xcalc for un
under the X11 windowing system (thus the initial 'x' in the program
name.)

Don't know Don, you could take a look at the link I provided.

So what was the rationale for the "xcalc" name for yours? (Or
was it written by someone else?)

For the unix version, it makes since, since it runs under the
X11 windowing system, and a lot of early unix programs to run under X11
tend to start with 'x'.

I kinda
liked it and it uses the RPN entry system.

Not much point in me downloading it, since I can't run it. That
needs Windows, and I don't run that.

And in particular -- why run a windows version of xcalc on a
linux (unix) system under a Windows emulator when the native unix
version is available?

David was the one I replied too, he seemed to be looking for a RPN
calculator that run under Windows (shrug).

O.K. But I thought that there was a mention of running it under
Wine (the linux based Windows emulator). Or is the idea to run the same
program on both Windows and the linux systems?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564