Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Zenni again

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:18:04 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote the following:

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:13:05 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

I just got my new zenni order, and once again, they did great, for
cheap. Threee pairs of glasses (two progressive and one single-vision)
for $102.45 including shipping. Last time I bought locally, I paid
close to $600 for one pair.

I got -real- lenses in my glasses, not progressives.

I KNOW that my vision changes during the day, and I'm sure that my
prescription isn't as "perfect" as it could be. I'd also like to
customize my prescription for my various workstations.

snip
Try contacting Zinni customer service with your standard
prescription, and include your work station distances. They
were able to custom tailor both reading and computer glasses
that are ideal for me. Because of the price difference you
may want to avoid progressives/bifocals and simply get
multiple glasses. Another thing to consider is tint for
extensive computer use and/or if you are use fluorescent
task lighting. I find that their 50% yellow [about like
holochrome shooting glasses] is good for both reading and
computer, and their 50% pink/rose is very good for extended
computer usage [crt color monitor] under fluorescent light.
For extended or hot environment wear you may also want to
consider frames with a "saddle bridge" in place of the
regular nose pads. I find these much more comfortable. One
poster indicated that Zinni would fit a saddle bridge for
3.00$US to any of their frames, but when I asked about this
on my last order [about 6 weeks ago] only the frames with
saddle bridges show were so available.

I just received my Zenni order having broken my always-on pair of
bifocals. I ordered a pair of bifocals with 10% gray tinting, an
extra frame ($4), the polarized clip-on sunglasses for those, and a
set of bifocals for my computer. I wanted larger frames but Zenni's
software wouldn't allow it with my 62mm PD. Other than that slight
change, I'm satisfied by Zenni for the third time. Total for the
order, delivered, was $74 and change. It took just under 2 weeks to
get them. I checked at Wallyworld and their optical department wanted
me to pay either $262 or $375 for the same setup, the higher price
being for slightly higher index lenses. GFY, Sam.

--
Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels,
throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions,
with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711