Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A $5 part *****kills***** a $4000 Generac generator

On 7/21/2010 5:12 PM Smarty spake thus:

Now that those of you with the patience to read this far know and
understand my predicament, I am posting here with the following
questions:

1. Are there any high-temperature hose materials which can withstand
the engine compartment temperatures and vibration which I might use
instead, which would allow me merely to make a direct 2" long
connection? The ID of the hose is 1.5", and should be a pretty
standard, easy-to-find size.

Just a shot in the dark he any chance that flexible corrugated metal
duct, like the stuff used for old VW fan hoses, might work? Dunno what
sizes it's available in or how long it would last, but it would at least
be a lot cheaper.