Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry[_14_] Larry[_14_] is offline

Default Wal-Mart fights back

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Larry wrote:

It wasn't an employee, it was a shopper. The death of anyone is
irrelevant to the ex post facto regulation that OSHA was trying to
impose on Wal-Mart.

Had it been a Wal-Mart employee, I'd have sent a sympathy card.

By this response, you clearly didn't read the article _YOU_ posted. I
suggest you read it. Short version: It's about a clerk at one of their
stores.

You're absolutely right. I completely misremembered. Thank you for
pointing out my error.

OSHA becomes involved because, oh what the heck, you _should_ know.
HINT: The "O" stands for occupational.

I have no problem with OSHA being involved. I have no problem with the
agency promulgating rules to prevent this from happening again.

But, in my view, it is unconscionable for OSHA to fine Wal-Mart for
violating a regulation that wasn't in force when the incident occurred.

I have to go shopping for a card.

Any time there is a fatality within the work place, OSHA becomes involved.

Unfortunately, you're correct, common sense by management in the work place
will never be a regulation. Geez, if you have thousands of people waiting
for the doors to open, who needs any type of crowd control, when you have a
minimum wage worker told to open the doors. Management should set the
example, and have the CEO open them, without any type of crowd control
support.