Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dont tread on me.....

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:02:33 -0400, "ATP"
wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

So it's a tempest in a teapot. If you'd rather be "taxed" for building
permits, car registration, etc., you can call them taxes if you wish.

--
Ed Huntress
22% of local revenue in NY is a big number. If my local government starts

It's understandable why government is taking more money from citizens.
It's taking less money from corporations. So you are making up the
difference. In the 1950s total revenue collected from corporations was
close to 35%. Today the total revenue taken in from corporations is 7%.
That 28% difference is now being picked up by the ordinary taxpayer. But
that shift in tax burden from corporations to average workers is exactly
what the conservatives/republicans wanted. My question is why do regular
working people like you want to pay more in taxes so that corporations can
pay less? I would think you would want it the other way around. But then
wanting things that are against their own interest is just what most right
wingers are for these days. Go figure.

Hawke

How did you come to the conclusion that I'm a right winger? I'm not talking
about tea parties or the great cull, just fiscal responsibility and
transparency. I'm more concerned about local taxes than federal. If you saw
our property taxes and NYS income tax, you'd know why.

Odd how the Parakeet misses WHY the government needs all that green
stuff, where he doesnt gloss over it.....isnt it?

Gunner

Gunner Asch