BillR

Default New Kitchen: Flooring b4 units or units b4 flooring?

Vortex wrote:
Hi,

I'm installing a new kitchen in my home. The room is completely
empty. Cabling, plumbing and drainage are in place.

The floor is good condition timber boarding (60's). Floorcovering
will be vinyl (roll) on hardboard.

Q. I have the option to install the floorcovering either before,
or after the kitchen units but have had conflicting advice from
floorcovering people.

What is normal practice? (if indeed there is a normal practice). My
inclination is to take the floorcovering to the walls in all
directions, then install the kitchen above.

I tried it afterwards and it was very difficult because my laminate was the
glue type and there was nothing to push against except the feeble plastic
kitchen unit legs.
Later I was told I should have put battens on the floor to push against.
I guess with clickloc laminate it would be a lot easier.