Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT - eye test

In message , Spamlet
writes

"John Whitworth" wrote in message
.. .

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:21:40 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

Christ, you get 20 years out of your frames? I book eye appointments
when my frames are smashed to pieces (fighting, accident at work, stood
on them in the dark etc).

Think I've only broken two pairs of specs in 40+ years of wearing
them. I started wearing glasses about age 7... The only time I have
clear memory off is when they slipped of me nose in the garage and
one lens hit the corner of spade and shattered.

And are you not afraid of looking a little out of date after 20 years in
those specs:-)?

Personally I wear glasses to see, not as a fashion statement. How
anybody can wear and usefully see through the modern "fashion" of a
pair of letter boxes is beyond me.

Agreed - I bought some 'trendy' glasses off one of these Chinese online
suppliers. The product was good quality, but the design is ****e. I wear
contacts most of the time - but when I do wear glasses, I stick with my
2002 model! :-)

Last time I thought I ought to have new glasses - a long time go now - I
went through two or three shops, then had all the tests and went through
just about all the frames in the shop, not liking any of them. I let them go
ahead and talk me into new glasses to go with the contact lenses anyway, and
handed over my £200 odd quid. When I went to collect them and try them out,
I found I could see b'all through either of them and asked for my money
back. They had to have a whip round of their local branches to find the
£200!

Yeah, right

--
geoff