Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - eye test

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:21:40 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

Christ, you get 20 years out of your frames? I book eye appointments
when my frames are smashed to pieces (fighting, accident at work, stood
on them in the dark etc).

Think I've only broken two pairs of specs in 40+ years of wearing
them. I started wearing glasses about age 7... The only time I have
clear memory off is when they slipped of me nose in the garage and
one lens hit the corner of spade and shattered.

And are you not afraid of looking a little out of date after 20 years in
those specs:-)?

Personally I wear glasses to see, not as a fashion statement. How
anybody can wear and usefully see through the modern "fashion" of a
pair of letter boxes is beyond me.

My optician suggests I have my eyes tested every 24 months.

Same here, my main prescription hasn't changed significantly for the
last 30 years or so. I have just started wearing varifocals though as
age related lens hardening meant I could no longer focus closer than
about 18" with my glasses but without 'em focus goes by 6". A 12"
"dead band" is big enough to be a PITA.

--
Cheers
Dave.