Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default OT - eye test

"Dave Baker" wrote in message
Went for a free eye test at Tesco in Slough today cos my 20 year old
frames are broken and I need a new pair. Surprisingly my prescription
hasn't changed much more than a jot in nearly 35 years. Back in 1977 I
was minus 1.75 dioptres in both eyes (short sighted) with a touch of
astigmatism. The astigmatism moved around a bit over the various tests
over the years but the basic sphere correction has stayed the same. My old
specs work just as well as they ever did. I thought eyes might get worse
over time but apparently not. I'm still minus 1.75 in both eyes and can
still read the smallest print on the charts despite the inevitable eye
lense hardening over the years.

Do other people find the same or do eyes generally get worse over time?

Mine have got significantly worse each time.

I start to notice that my spec aren't working as well after about 2 years,
but I'm a mean bugger so I stretch it out to three.

tim